General Questions

About the Application

Can I and how do I request for a 52 page passport book?
All applicants can request a non -standard 52 page passport book. There is no additional fee and the request is made while completing the online application.

I can view my application but cannot print it.
Usually, what has happened in this case, is the Preview button has been clicked and the application is displayed, however you cannot print from that view. In order to finish and print your application, you must click Next and continue through the application process.
Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 9.46.34 PM.png 92.09 KB

About the Documents

I have multiple flight itineraries for my upcoming travel. Do I need to submit all of them?
No. Only submit the itinerary showing your departure from the US.

What are the Authorization Letters?
The Authorization Letters authorize Peninsula Visa to submit documents to the US Passport Office on behalf of the applicant. The bottom portion of these letters must be entirely handwritten and signed by the applicant.

The Authorization Letters cannot be scanned or emailed. These letters must contain an original, wet signature from the applicant. The signature on the Authorization Letters must match that of the passport application.

Why do I need to provide an itinerary?
When expediting a passport you must show intent of travel. This can be in the form of a flight itinerary, cruise itinerary, or a business letter stating the reason for needing your passport expedited.

Will my original legal documents such as, my birth certificate or marriage certificate be returned?
Yes. All original documents submitted as part of your passport process will be returned along with your passport.

About the Process

I don't need my passport expedited. What should I do?
If you're not in a hurry, you may follow the instructions from the US Department of State by clicking here:

What is an Acceptance Office?
Acceptance offices are typically a post office or county clerk's office. You can view the nearest Acceptance Office by clicking on the following link:

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I add pages to my passport?
No. Effective January 1st, 2016 the US Department of State stopped adding additional pages to US passports due to the additional pages effecting the structural integrity of the passport. If your passport is out of pages, you must renew it, even if it's not expired.

Do children require a passport?
Yes. Each individual citizen, including infants, must possess his or her own passport.

How long is a US passport valid for?
If the passport was issued when you were 16 years or older, the passport is valid for 10 years. If the passport was issued when you were 15 years old or younger, the passport is valid for 5 years.

What if I don't have a social security number?
If you would like to apply for a U.S. passport, and you don’t have a Social Security number, you will need to submit a statement, signed and dated, which includes the phrase, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct:  I have never been issued a Social Security number by the Social Security Administration.”